Thursday, January 3, 2019

My Collecting Goals, 2019 and reviewing 2018 Goals

Last year for the first time I set myself some goals for my collection so it is time to revisit them and set some goals for this year.

1.  My first goal was to get 99 unsigned copies of the 1988 Fleer Tim Flannery card.  Done.  I also wanted to get 11 signed copies, which I changed to nine. FAIL  I have six signed copies and have been in contact with Flan, he has agreed to sign three more for me.  


2.  I wanted to collect a non sports set from the 1950's.  I chose the 1954 Bowman Naval Victories, since I and my father are Navy veterans.  Done.  I went beyond this goal and also finished the 1956 Topps Flags of the World set.  It was interesting to see what flags had changed since 1956 and there were a few countries that no longer exist.  


3.  I wanted to get to 1,100 Padrographs.  DoneI ended the year with 1,116 Padrographs.  The last card of the year was received from eBay on 12/26, it was a Bowman Draft Pick card of Ryan Weather.


4.  I wanted to support the Padres to an 80 win season.  FAIL.  I tried every way I knew how but it was not to be as the Friars only won 66 games.


5.  I needed to decide what 50's  non sport set to collect in 2019.  Done.  I have decided and that will show up as goal #2 for 2019.



GOALS FOR 2019.

1.  I would like to collect 99 copies of the Bip Roberts sombrero card from 1996 Score.  I would also like to get 9 different autographed cards of Bip with the Padres.

2.  I have decided to work first on the 1952 Topps Presidents of the United States set.  It is a 36 card set, even though at that point there were only 32 Presidents.  Then I will begin work on the 1950 Topps Freedom's War set.  It is 203 cards, but I will not be trying to get the 6 die cut tank cards. The cards are a weird size 2 1/16* 2 5/8, so I will have to find some odd size sheets.  

3.  I would like to get to 1,150 Padrographs.  I have been making customs for players who never had a Padres card and sending them out.  I have gotten a few back, hopefully I will get more back this season and all the guys from 2018 who didn't sign will sign something so I can include them.   

4.  I would like the Padres to win at least 90 games on their way to winning the World Series in 2020.

5.  I would like to update the website so that I have all the cards I have signed on the website.  That may take longer than a year.

6.  I would like to make a set of the Tri City Dust Devils this year and get it signed by the majority of the players.  

7.  I would to proofread every post before it goes up.  I have reread too many of my post that don't make sense because I have left out words.  

2 comments:

defgav said...

LOL at the last one.
Good luck with these all! I'll check to see if I've got any extra sombrero Bips.

Fuji said...

Ugh. My least favorite thing about blogging is proofreading. I still do it. Yet I still come across mistakes almost every time I go back and reread one of my posts.

Best of luck on your 2019 goals! Are you to put up your 1952 Topps Presidents wantlist up? I might be able to help.