1. My first goal was to get 99 unsigned copies of the 1988 Fleer Tim Flannery card. Done. I also wanted to get 11 signed copies, which I changed to nine. FAIL I have six signed copies and have been in contact with Flan, he has agreed to sign three more for me.
2. I wanted to collect a non sports set from the 1950's. I chose the 1954 Bowman Naval Victories, since I and my father are Navy veterans. Done. I went beyond this goal and also finished the 1956 Topps Flags of the World set. It was interesting to see what flags had changed since 1956 and there were a few countries that no longer exist.
3. I wanted to get to 1,100 Padrographs. Done. I ended the year with 1,116 Padrographs. The last card of the year was received from eBay on 12/26, it was a Bowman Draft Pick card of Ryan Weather.
4. I wanted to support the Padres to an 80 win season. FAIL. I tried every way I knew how but it was not to be as the Friars only won 66 games.
5. I needed to decide what 50's non sport set to collect in 2019. Done. I have decided and that will show up as goal #2 for 2019.
GOALS FOR 2019.
1. I would like to collect 99 copies of the Bip Roberts sombrero card from 1996 Score. I would also like to get 9 different autographed cards of Bip with the Padres.
2. I have decided to work first on the 1952 Topps Presidents of the United States set. It is a 36 card set, even though at that point there were only 32 Presidents. Then I will begin work on the 1950 Topps Freedom's War set. It is 203 cards, but I will not be trying to get the 6 die cut tank cards. The cards are a weird size 2 1/16* 2 5/8, so I will have to find some odd size sheets.
3. I would like to get to 1,150 Padrographs. I have been making customs for players who never had a Padres card and sending them out. I have gotten a few back, hopefully I will get more back this season and all the guys from 2018 who didn't sign will sign something so I can include them.
4. I would like the Padres to win at least 90 games on their way to winning the World Series in 2020.
5. I would like to update the website so that I have all the cards I have signed on the website. That may take longer than a year.
6. I would like to make a set of the Tri City Dust Devils this year and get it signed by the majority of the players.
7. I would to proofread every post before it goes up. I have reread too many of my post that don't make sense because I have left out words.