Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Christmas Pack #18, eventually I'll sort all this

Another day, another pack of 1988 Fleer and still no surfboard.  Five guys I don't remember, five guys I do remember, two friends sharing a card, a former Padres coach, and three Hall of Famers including Mr. Padre.  Okay now I remember Leon Durham and Paul Assenmacher's names but not much about them.  I checked and Mike Campbell pitched in three games for the Padres in 1994.  Daryl Strawberry and Eric Davis were friends from Los Angeles in their youth  Dave Smith was the Padres pitching coach, I was never able to get a signed card of him in a Padres uni before he passed away. Dennis Eckersley was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2004.  Cal Ripken, Jr. and Mr. Padre Tony Gwynn inducted into the Hall of Fame together in 2006. Both Dave Smith and Tony Gwynn have passed away. 

1 comment:

Fuji said...

Wow. Pretty cool that you'll be able to tell people you once pulled Ripken and Gwynn out of the same pack. That Nokes is cool too. I remember when that card was quite the pull.