Monday, November 8, 2010

Jim and Mark




James Arthur Presley played a whopping 20 games for the Padres in 1991 after signing with them as a free agent.  He only played in that many games because the Padres released him in June, he signed with the Rangers, but never made it back to the majors as a player.  He had played 6 seasons in Seattle, where he was an All-Star in 1986, he also played one season in Atlanta.  He was the Marlins hitting coach from 2005-2010, he has signed to be the hitting coach for the Orioles in 2011.  I think I got this signed through the mail, but I am not positive.  Those records were lost in the earthquake of 2017.  Mark William Prior was enough of a star for the card companies to make cards of him as a Padre based on his reputation with the Cubs.  Prior and Kerry Wood were destined to be superstars after there first year or two in Chicago, but then Prior went down with injury after injury.  He signed a free agent contract with the Padres in 2008 but never made it to the team due to more injuries.  In 2009 he signed a minor league contract with the Padres hoping to make it back, but didn't ever make it back.  He pitched four good years for the Cubs from 2002-2006, and now the Rangers are hoping that he can help them next year.  I got this signed card through the mail, but I know it is not the card I sent Mark, because I prepare all the cards I send out so this doesn't happen.

No comments: