Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Padrograph #1200

Last Friday I received a card that became Padrograph #1200.  I broke a rule of Padrographs to include the card.   It shows the player in a minor league uniform.  It is one of only two minor league cards in Padrographs, but I decided that the player was important enough in the Padres history to break that rule.  First a little review, I didn't keep accurate records at first, I don't really know what order I received the first 869 Padrographs in.  I started keeping track with Padrograph #870, Jesse Hahn, which I received in the mail March 12, 2015.  
Tony Gwynn was arbitrarily made number 1, because he is Mr. Padre. 
 Jason Boyd was assigned number 100, he played in 23 games in 2002, as the middle of his 5 year major league career.
Pedro Martinez was assigned number 500, he played in 80 games for the Padres in 1993-1994.
Bryan Corey is Padrograph #1000, which I received around Christmas of 2016.  It is a custom I got signed through an autograph dealer I know.  Bryan pitched in 39 games for the Padres in 2008.
Juan Moreno is Padrograph #1100, he appeared in four games for the Padres in 2002.  I purchased the card from a Venezuelan card dealer on July 5, 2018.
So who is Padrograph #1200?  He is a former Padres farmhand, who was also a pitching coach for the Padres minor leagues and then was the General Manager of the Padres from 1995-2009.  Kevin Towers played in the Padres system for seven years from 1982-1989. He passed away in 2018 so I would not have been able to get a signature from him.  I decided that I would break my own rules and use this card that I found on eBay last week.

7 comments:

The Diamond King said...

Congratulations!! 1200 is insane!

Chris said...

That's an incredible amount of Padre autos. Congrats on hitting 1,200! The Kevin Towers card is well worth breaking your own rule.

The Angels In Order said...

Well done, and a good choice.

Elliptical Man said...

An autographed minor league card of a major league GM is some kind of nice.

Fuji said...

1,200 Padres autographs? Very cool. Congratulations buddy!

Matt said...

Congrats on 1200! That's swinging for the fences!

Jon said...

Uh... happy 1200th?