Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Customs


Way back in 2017 I made a custom card of Leon Everitt and asked an autograph dealer I had done business if he could get it signed for me.  He said yes and we began a business arrangement.  I would make cards for him, if it was a Padres player I would supply them for free and he would get one signed for me.  Other players he paid me.  These are the first nine I made.  I often did actual cutting and pasting back then and I used Publisher (which I still do).  I hope that you will see that I improve as we go.  I am on my second series now, I capped the first series at 500 and am now up to 387 cards in series 2.  I have gone beyond just baseball players to celebrities, authors, governors and more. 
At this point most of the cards were request from the autograph dealer.  
I have the Van Kelly and Leon Everitt signed and made a cut of the John Sipin card.  

5 comments:

The Angels In Order said...

Very cool. I used to make my own customs but it got to be too time consuming and I was waning off TTMs and IP autographs. It's possible I may start back up though.

Spyda-Man said...

Very cool! Nice work!

Matt said...

I really like how the wood-grain border contrasts with the black and white photo on that Rupe Toppin card!

Fuji said...

Like Matt... I like the use of the B&W photo on the '62 custom... as well as the 69's.

The Diamond King said...

These are cool, I've had the chance to see Rod's customs up close and they do not disappoint!