Monday, January 17, 2011

Now for something completely different


This is not about a Padre but about two of my favorite things baseball and watching other people dance.   I found this great websiteKickstarter.com. and was looking for projects that I might help fund.  I settled on a book that I will tell you a little bit more about in a moment, first let the people at Kickstarter tell you a little bit about the website.  
Kickstarter is a new way to fund creative ideas and ambitious endeavors.
We believe that:
• A good idea, communicated well, can spread fast and wide.
• A large group of people can be a tremendous source of money and encouragement.
Kickstarter is powered by a unique all-or-nothing funding method where projects must be fully-funded or no money changes hands.
“Plie Ball! Baseball and Dance in America” is an expansion of a lengthy paper that was presented in June 2009 at the 21st Annual Cooperstown Symposium on Baseball and American Culture, which took place at the National Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, NY. The book is contracted by McFarland & Co., the great publisher of books about baseball and dance. It will be a book that covers just about every point of connection between these two magnificent disciplines (and, believe me, there are many!).
In the spirit of full disclosure I am a backer of Plie Ball, I have chosen to contribute and help get this book funded.  Two of my favorite things are baseball and watching other people dance (cause I have absolutely no ability in that arena).  I think that this will be a very interesting book and there are some perks to being a backer.  Click on the title of the book to find out what those perks are.

No comments: