Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The G in GCRL and a few friends


Jeffrey Scott Gardner had a 4 year major league career, playing half of it with the Padres. His most complete season was the 1993 season when he played in 140 games.  After his playing days he managed in the Padres minor league system from 2001 to 2003.  I got this in person at Eugenes' Civic Stadium when Jeff was managing the Eugene Ems.

Stevenson N Garrison was part of the deal that sent Scott Linebrink to the Brewers.  He pitched this year at AA San Antonio.  I got this signed through the mail last year.


Steven Patrick Garvey was one of only two players to ever be elected to the All Star Game which he did in 1974.  He is part of the classic infield of the Dodgers of Garvey, Cey, Russell and Lopes, GCRL.  He played 19 seasons in the Major Leagues all of them in the National League West, 14 years with the Dodgers and 5 with the Padres.  I got this signed through the mail several years ago, it is one of the few cards that I have from him that is not signed up the side.

Rodney Earl Gaspar is a part of two parts of my collection.  Guys named Rod and my Padrographs, I thought he had a long career but he only played parts of 4 seasons in the majors. One of those was an incredible year, he was part of the Miracle Mets who won the World Series in 1969.  He is the centerpiece of my guys named Rod collection, since our first two names are the same.  I told him in a letter that I was named for my grandfathers and asked him who he was named for.  He  signed the card but did not answer my question.

Jacob Nelson Gautreau drafted by the Padres in 2001 and played at the highest and lowest levels of the minor leagues in his first season of professional ball.  He played at both Eugene and Portland his first season of pro ball.  He played at AAA for the Padres, Indians and Mets.  He played in 2008 in an independent league.  I couldn't find anything out about him after 2008,  I got the card signed through the mail a couple of years ago.

No comments: