Sunday, February 4, 2024

Unboxing Day 11, 2009 World Baseball Classic boxed set

 I bought this set sometime in the last five years at a local card show.  I put it in with my Christmas presents for last Christmas.  There are 55 cards in the set.  I had heard of 25 of the players featured.  

The scans in this post are the last I took with my camera before I got a new scanner, so I apologize for the fuzziness of some of the images.

Chris Denorfia was a favorite of mine when he played for the Padres.


Miguel Caberra and Ichiro are sure to be first ballot Hall of Famers when the time comes.
Another talented group of players with a couple of Hall of Famers included.


The USA team was led by a couple of Hall of Famers.  Without googling it, who won the World Baseball Classic in 2009.

4 comments:

The Angels In Order said...

Wild guess...Mexico was the first country that came to mind.

Jeremya1um said...

Either China or Dominican Republic.

The Diamond King said...

Seems like Japan, but that's probably not right. But Ichiro is my favorite on the cards shown, so that's my guess!

OhioTim said...

Team USA