Thursday, October 17, 2019

My Music Stars, #1


I was inspired by Gavin's 1991 Musicards .  I wondered who wasn't in that set that I thought should be.  So I took some inspiration from the design of the set.  Actually I guess I just changed the colors and called it mine.  So far I have 54 acts on my checklist and will add more as they come to mind.  So here we go.  The first song I remember by John was Jack and Diane, I went out and bought the LP.  I really liked all the songs on the LP and bought the next one and so on.  I think the only format of John's music I haven't owned is an 8-Track.  His music has gone from pop to thoughtful rock over the years.  My favorite album is Scarecrow, I especially like the song, Rain on the Scarecrow.  John's Grandma is featured on the song Grandmas Theme.  His newest album Other People's stuff came out last year.   I own  5  LP's by him
Next: The Godfather of Christian Rock

5 comments:

Jeremya1um said...

I hope you are talking about Larry Norman when you say ‘Godfather of Christian Rock’. Are you only doing bands/musicians that were around before the set was released, or are you going to put ones that were around after the set was issued? If you want more pioneers of Christian rock or CCM, I would suggest adding Carman, Michael W Smith, DeGarmo & Key. Looking forward to seeing more of these.

defgav said...

Very cool! Looking forward to the rest of these.
I think my favorite song of his is "Small Town".

Bulldog said...

Rain on the Scarecrow is my favorite song of his. Great post and he so deserved a card in that set.

Jon said...

I've never been much of a fan of his music, but I did recently just see two of his paintings on the Antiques Roadshow, one of which I liked quite a bit. Oh, and this is a really neat looking card BTW!

Fuji said...

I listened to his stuff in the 80's... but can't say I've kept up with anything from the 90's to the present. The only reason I can think of for this happening is I started listening more to alternative and hip hop in the 90's. Rain on the Scarecrow is a great song. But I think my favorite is Jack and Diane. I still sing it in my classroom every now and then.