Sunday, June 24, 2012

1957 Topps completed

Ok, it's the old bait and switch. You probably thought it was the 1957 Topps baseball set, but no.  I finally finished the set after paying more for a card than ever before.  Price wise the  Roy Hamilton card was cheapest, then the Dean (which is one of 4 James Dean cards in the set)  and the Crickets card was truly expensive.  I think I am done with old non sports cards for awhile. This card was really fun as it was from the year I was born and has been many people I grew up watching and listening to.  This is the third time I have tried to do this set and the first time I have finished it.  I always have started with the same three cards, Liz Taylor, Gene Kelly and Burt Lancaster.  Now to go put them in the notebook and show it off once in awhile.

No comments: