Sunday, March 17, 2024

mini collection, City Connect uniforms

 In 2021 Nike and MLB started another cash grab, I mean a new program for team stalwarts.  City Connect uniforms are supposedly designed to reflect the cultural aspecet of each teams home city.  So far twenty teams have City Connect uniforms.  Eight more teams are scheduled to get them in 2024 and the Dodgers are expected to debut a new City Connect uniform this year.  The A's and Yankees are the only teams without a City Connect uniform.  The Yankees have said they do not want one and who knows where the A's will end up.


The Arizona Diamondbacks were one of the teams to get City Connect uniforms in 2021.  The color is called sand and Arizona does have a lot of that.  The uniforms feature the team "name" Serpientes on the front in black with a the players number in red.  
Serpeintes is an homage to Arizona's Hispanic Community.

So far I just have these three cards to represent the D'backs in my mini collection.

Up Next-The Boston Red Sox


5 comments:

madding said...

I really wish the Cardinals had also opted to not have a City Connect jersey as I'm dreading what they're going to reveal for this season. I really only like the Angels City Connect jersey (mostly because it's a vast improvement over their regular look), but the Diamondbacks one isn't bad, mostly because Serpientes is just cool looking and fun to say.

OhioTim said...

I could help you out with the various City Connect cards. I am sure I have some of them.

Fuji said...

Arizona's City Connect jersey isn't too bad. It's simple and reminds me of an old minor league design. I prefer this over the bright colored Padres jersey.

Matt said...

I missed the part where the Yankees got to choose not to have one. I was so looking forward to making fun of them...

Jon said...

I've seen so many bloggers mention that they hate these jerseys. It's kind of refreshing to hear someone having an opposite opinion.