Monday, October 4, 2010

Nettles and Nevin

 Graig Nettles played in the major leagues from the time I was ten to the time I was 31, that is a long career.  He played for the Twins, Indians, Yankees, Padres, Braves and Expos. He was part of the 1984 World Series team for the Padres and in 4 World Series for the Yankees. He came to the Padres in a trade, because he wrote a book that George Steinbrenner didn't like.  This is one of my earliest Padrographs, I was trying to get the entire 1986 Padres Topps team set signed, I think I was about 5 cards short.  I got it signed through the mail. Phillip Joseph Nevin played the majority of his career in San Diego, 7 of his 12 seasons in the majors.  He played in 806 games between 1999 and 2005, he was a good hitter whom after a rocky start in the majors, did almost anything to stay in the game.  I remember him learning to play multiple positions so that he had more value to a team.  I got Phil to sign the card through the mail. 

No comments: