Thursday, October 21, 2010

Eric and Fred

It has been a busy couple of weeks at work and I haven't been dealing well with the change of seasons, and I don't mean sports.  Although the last day of the regular season was kind of depressing, which didn't help.  My wife says that I suffer from SADD, but now I hope to get back to this on a regular basis.  Eric Carl Nolte was one of the nicest I ever came across in the minor leagues, he gladly signed stuff and talked with those of us who came to visit.  We would go to Civic Stadium when the Las Vegas Stars would come to town.  Eric helped me get several other autographs from teammates that would be not as forthcoming.  He was drafted by the Padres in 1985 and made his major league debut in 1987.  He played for the Padres from '87-'89 and then again in 1991, a season which he split between San Diego and Texas.  I got this card signed in person at Civic Stadium in 1989.  Fredie Hubert Norman was signed by the Kansas City Athletics as an amateur free agent in 1961, he also played for the Cubs, Cardinals, Dodgers, Reds and Expos.  He came to the Padres in 1971 in a trade from the Cardinals with Leron Lee for Al Santorini.  He left the Padres in 1973 to the Reds for Mike Johnson, Gene Locklear and cash.  I got this card from an autograph dealer. 

1 comment:

PunkRockPaint said...

Missed you. Feel better. It was a great season for our Padres.