Sunday, March 21, 2010

Hyer and Hyzdu

Timothy James Hyers drafted by the Blue Jays in 1990 and the Padres accquired him in the 1993 Rule 5 draft.  During 1994 and 1995 he played in 58 games for the Padres before being sent to the Tigers as part of a conditional deal.  He spent time at 1B and in RF for the Padres, although during that time they had an HOF right fielder.  I am not sure but I think I got this signed through the mail.

Adam Davis Hyzdu went to Moeller High School in Cincinnati where he broke Ken Griffeys' home run record.  He did not have the major league career that Jr. has.  Adam played 17 games for the Padres in 2005, during spring training of 2005 he was traded from the Red Sox to the Padres for Blaine Neal, in July of 2005 he was traded back to the Red Sox for Scott Cassidy.  I have two copies of this card signed, this one I got off of ebay, the other one Adam signed through the mail with the orange Sharpie that I had sent him.

No comments: