Thursday, June 20, 2019

Custom

Last Tuesday evening I went to a Portland Pickles game to pick up a set of baseball cards.  The Pickles are part of a college wood bat league that plays in the Pacific Northwest.  I got free tickets to the game for being a veteran and we got to sit in a special section.  That section is right next to the visiting teams dugout.  The Pickles were playing the Ridgefield Raptors who were being managed by Chris Cota.  Before the game he came over and talked to me and throughout the game we talked and I asked him for a game ball and he got me one.  When I got home I did some research and found out that he had been drafted by the White Sox in the third round of the 1986 draft.  He was drafted from the College of the Canyons in Santa Clarita, California, where he is currently the head baseball coach.  He played two seasons in the minor leagues.  I have picked up those two cards and will send them to him to sign along with this custom.  

4 comments:

Fuji said...

Cool custom! Just curious... is there a website you use to make your customs? Or is it a software program? And by the way... do you ever attend Portland Sea Dogs games? I'm hoping to take my nieces to one of the games when I visit this summer.

Rod (Padrographs) said...

The Sea Dogs are in Portland, Maine. I use Microsoft Publishers to make my customs, Gavin sometimes gives me help with templates, wordmark and autograph removal.

Fuji said...

Oh man... I just learned that yesterday from Mr. Haverkamp at the card show we attended. It's a good thing my friend didn't buy tickets for my visit. Told her to look at the Pickles schedule instead.

Bulldog said...

Cool card and story.