Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Trade stack week 13, 11.20.19


The third time is a charm it seems.  Washington, D.C. has its third major league baseball franchise and won the World Series since 1934.  The first Washington franchise moved to Minnesota and became the Twins.  The second franchise moved to Texas and became the Rangers.  Can you imagine the stories the media would come up with if the Rangers and the Nationals faced each other in the World Series.  
One of the members of that second franchise was Jim Duckworth, who pitched for the Senators from 1963 to 1966.  He split 1966 between the Senators and the Athletics of Kansas City.  After finishing his baseball career in 1967 he was a member of the California Highway Patrol for twenty five years and then taught high school and middle school.  Then he worked in a kayak shop for a couple of years. 
If you are interested in this card of Jim Duckworth or one of the three holdover cards below.  Just let me know and I will send it to you.  All I ask is that you send me something without telling me what it is.  I have received cards, books and magazines so far.  I like being surprised.  

1 comment:

Fuji said...

Wow. Mr. Duckworth has quite the resume.