Monday, February 2, 2009

Jarvis Ardel Brown

The only other person I have ever know named Ardel is my brother in law's father in law, Ardel Dock. A very uncommon name, I wonder how Jarvis came by it.

Jarvis was drafted with the 9th pick in the 1986 draft by the Minnesota Twins. He made his major league debut in 1991 against the the Toronto Blue Jays, he won a World Series ring that same year with the Twins. In November of 1992 he signed as a free agent with the Padres. He played in 47 games batting .233 as a Padre. In November of 1993 he was selected off waivers by the Braves. In December of 1994 he signed as a free agent with the Mets. On June 12, 1995 he signed as a free agent with the Reds, two days later he was sent to the Orioles as part of a conditional deal. He played his final game on October 1, 1995. I got the card through ABC Limited in Arizona.

1 comment:

madding said...

I used to love watching Jarvis fly around the basepaths at Civic Stadium back when I was in high school.