Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Unboxing Day 4, Topps Chrome,Box 1

I got two boxes of 2023 Topps Chrome for Christmas. The packs promise four cards but in some of them I got five cards.
No Padres in this box.
The Miranda is an un-numbered parallel.  The photography varies in the set.
The Baez card is another un-numbered parallel.
These three cards caught my eye for a couple of reasons.  Kody Clemens is the son of Roger Clemens, I like the 1988 design especially since it features the throwback uniform and as does the Matthew Liberatore card.
This is as close to a Padres card as I got in the box.  MacKenzie Gore went to the Nationals in the trade for former Padre Juan Soto.
The Michael Massey card is another un-numbered parallel.  
I am wondering where Clayton Kershaw will be next year, home, with the Dodgers or somewhere else.  This pack also yielded the good card I spoke of.

This is part of the Topps buyback program.  I am told (by the Topps website) that this card is worth $100 in store credit at a Local Card Store.  So next Saturday I will be traveling to Hoody's Collectibles in Beaverton to see what I can get.

Next up will be a second box of Chrome.  














 

6 comments:

Laurens said...

Nice pull on the Ohtani - hope you can get some nice stuff once you get your card shop store credit.

OhioTim said...

Nice looking Ohtani! I would probably any Ohtani that I would pull, but it is because I don't have a LCS.

Matt said...

Great pull on the Ohtani!

Damien said...

Awesome! I hope the Ohtani pays high dividends!

Hopefully I don't enrage y'all when I say that I hope Kershaw comes to Texas. Come home, man! You're not the Dodgers' favorite anymore.

Matt said...

Nice Ohtani pull, that should net you some good Padres!

Fuji said...

Congratulations on pulling that Ohtani. That's cool that Topps is still doing the buyback program. Hope you're able to trade him in for some Padres for your collection.