Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Unboxing Days begin

 One of my Christmas presents was 19 blasters of baseball and 2 of the WWE.  I will be presenting one per day for a couple of weeks.

The first one I opened was a Happy Little Box of Bob Ross Baseball.
You get 13 cards per box in two packs, sort of.  The one exclusive Easel Parallel is package separately in a clear cellophane wrapper.
I got my one parallel/SP card.
Yaz is hitting in the dark of night, Miggy is getting ready to catch a salmon and if Big Papi hits in the woods is there a sound.

Jazz is about to get drenched in the surf, Gabriel is at least in the right desert state.

Ryan Mountcastle is the Easel parallel, Manny is mired in a swamp (much like the Padres were last season) and Jordan Walker is fleeing from a bear.

Vlad is angrily shaking his finger at a bird that just missed him, Carlos Rodon is gigantic and Jose Altuve is watching something happening in the distance.
I managed to get a second Jordan Walker RC and my parallel SP was Esteury Ruiz of the A's exiting a lake.  It is numbered 97/99.  I don't think the combination of Bob Ross and baseball does much for me.  



9 comments:

Nachos Grande said...

That's the first that I've seen those cards...kind of....weird? Are they thick card stock?

Jeremya1um said...

Maybe a different design and having this for the Gallery base would work.

Brett Alan said...

Well...at least it's different. I'll give it that.

night owl said...

I would love to have been in the board room when someone pitched this and others said, "sure, why not?" Just why?

The Diamond King said...

Quite interesting. I kind of like them... would like to see them in the dime boxes soon.

Chris said...

These are beautiful cards! soooo much better than that Topps Project 70 tripe.

Matt said...

I'm not sure how I feel about these. I love baseball, I love Bob Ross, but it reminds me of those people that buy artwork at Goodwill and then insert Star Wars X-Wings or AT-ATs into it.. maybe if the players were painted to match the background...

Jon said...

It's kind of disappointing to learn that those in charge of Bob Ross' estate would approve something like this. I guess you can never have enough money when you're living on your dead relative's fame.

Jafronius said...

I haven't heard of this set either, thanks for sharing! That's also quite a Christmas haul!