Thursday, December 28, 2023

Unboxing day 2

Yes, I am a wrestling fan and yes I know it's scripted, but I find it very athletic.  Years ago we lived next door to a midget wrestler and once in a while I would drive to Eugene with him when he was on the card there.  Got to know all kinds of people and all kinds of things before the death of kayfabe.

I got three of the Green Pulsar Prizms in my box.  I got a total of 24 cards in the box, but I only knew who 14 of them were, those are the cards I am going to share.  I don't collect wrestling cards, I accumulate them to use as bookmarks in my library books, I just leave them in the books when I turn them around.

These are my three green prizm cards.  I have no idea who Wendy Choo is, Matt Riddle is gone from the WWE and Asuka is part of a mostly Japanese faction in the WWE.  The Asuka card is also a refractor and is numbered 20/25.

The Miz on the far left is a refractor and you can tell because it says Prizm on the back.  The A Lister has come a long way from MTV's Road Rules.  AJ Styles just returned from an injury and is really jacked.
There were even some horizontal shots in the box.  Cedric Alexander hasn't been seen on TV in awhile.  Shotzi looks much different now. Her hair looks a germ as seen in an electron microscope.  Bron Breaker is still in NXT, but will probably make it to the main roster this year.  He is the son of wrestling veteran Scott Steiner.

Bruno Sammartino is a certified wrestling legend.  Big E is recuperating from a broken neck in 2022, it is not clear whether he will ever wrestle again.  Brock Lesnar, only shows up on big dates or pay per views, it is always a big deal when he does.

I know of Roderick Strong, but nothing about him.  Sonya Deville has been absent from TV for awhile and Mandy Rose was released due to the content she was sharing on Fan Time.  Deville and Rose were at one time a tag team known as Fire and Desire.  Bobby Lashley is currently a champion and wrestles weekly on TV.



 

3 comments:

Fuji said...

Cards as bookmarks? Nice. I learned about Wendy Choo recently on someone's blog, but haven't seen her wrestle yet. Congratulations on pulling that #'d Asuka. I'm glad she's reunited with Kairi Sane... but not the biggest fan of the whole Damage CTRL thing.

The Diamond King said...

Definitely very athletic. The wrestling cards aren't really my thing, but I am sure seeing a lot more of them popping up at shows, they seem popular.

Jafronius said...

Panini is perfect for wrestling cards...no logo and stats you need to worry about!