Sunday, July 26, 2020

Padrographs #1211 and #1212 and a Frankenset update

Padrograph #1211, Terry Shumpert.  Terry played from 1990 to 2003.  He hit 49 homers in his career.  He played in 13 games for the Padres in 1997, after signing as a free agent. He has a son who played in the Braves system for a couple of years and is a cousin of Mookie Betts.  I got this custom card signed through Past Pros.  





Padrograph #1212, Sparky Anderson.  Sparky was the Padres third base coach in 1969.  He was named part of the Angels staff for 1970, but before that happened he was offered the opportunity to manage the Reds.  And we all know what happened after that.  I bought a cut signature and made this poorly crafted custom card.  I for some reason made the hole too big and didn't realize it until I had started gluing. 



These additions to the Frankset got me down to only needing forty four more cards.  I have another order inbound which will get me down to thirty three cards I need.  
I have decided to do a Padres Frankenset when I get done with this one.  

1 comment:

Fuji said...

Never knew about Sparky coaching for the Padres. We learn something new every day.