The Card: 1981 Fleer #497
How I Got the Auto: Through the mail
About the Player: He was half of a duo named "Wild Pitch" with Padres pitcher John D'Acquisto, who taught Rasmussen how to play guitar. He was drafted by the Cardinals in 1973 and made his major league debut in 1975 for the Cards. In 1978 he was traded to the Padres for George Hendricks. He played for San Diego from 1978-1980. He then played in Mexico for two years before returning to St Louis, he finished his playing career for the Royals in 1983. He has been a minor league pitching coach for years and played for the Sun Sox in the Professional League in 1989-1990. After the 2008 season he was promoted to the Twins Minor League pitching coordinator, a position he still holds.
Between: Dennis Rasmussen and Colin Rea
Up Next: Derek picks #824
Contest Announcement: Each month I will pick a Padrograph player and if anyone picks his number during the month, they will recieve a $20 eBay gift card. The contest for August will begin next Monday, August 10.


3 comments:
That's really nice of you Rod.
I love seeing 1981 Fleer signed.
I wonder if D'Acquisto and Rasmussen are still creating music together.
Post a Comment