Saturday, January 30, 2021

Updating the contest, updating Padrographs and astronauts and a box of 2020 Topps Holiday

 It seems you can't randomize a list of 556 names ninety nine times in a day on random.org.  I ran out of data bits, so once I can get back in I will randomize the list eleven times, since that is the number Tim Flannery wore after Steve Garvey showed up.  

I have picked up a bunch of Padrographs since the last one I featured.  Padrograph #1232, Chad Gaudin.  I just got this custom card back from a private signing.  He was signed as a free agent, pitched twenty games for the Padres in 2009 and then the Yankees purchased his contract.  

Padrograph #1230, Mike Clevinger.  Clevinger was supposed to be a key part of the playoff run last year after he came from Cleveland in a big trade, but then he got hurt.  He will miss the 2021 season after undergoing Tommy John surgery.  I picked up this card off eBay, it is from some Topps subscription set.  


Padrograph #1229, Austin Nola.  One of my granddaughter Nola favorite players.  Austin came over from the Mariners in a late season trade and seemed to me to be an upgrade at the position.  I picked this card up on eBay and it is from the same set as the Clevinger card.
Padrograph #1228, Steve Delabar.  Steve was drafted by the Padres in 2003 and played four years in their minor league system before being released in 2008.  I thought I had this card in my Padrographs but I did not and picked it up from the bay.
Padrograph #1227, Zach Davies. Zach is now a Cub but pitched in twelve games for the Padres last year.  This exceptionally thick card was purchased on the aforementioned auction web site. 
Padrograph #1226, Owen Caissie. Was the first Canadian drafted in the 2020 draft in the second round.  He was traded to the Cubs as part of the Yu Darvish trade.  He was included in the Bowman Draft cards in 2020.  I didn't pull this card but bought it somewhere.  



Padrograph #1231, Ripken Reyes.  Ripken was drafted by the Padres in the 30th round of the 2019 draft.  He played at Ft. Wayne that year.  He was part of the great layoff in 2020.




I picked up the last card in the 1963 Astronauts set.  Usually the checklist has been the most expensive card I have seen.  I managed to find this one for just ten dollars.  I now have five of the fifty-five card set.  







I managed to snag a box of 2020 Topps Holiday cards through a connection in retail.  I opened the box yesterday.  I got more Padres than I think I have in any other modern Topps box. I got Hosmer, Myers, Grisham, Machado and Tatis.  These are the hits I got.  Robles and Rogers are metallic snowflakes, Trout and Alonso are SPs.  I got a Rowdy relic and a Soto ornament.  All of the below are available for trade purposes.

See you tomorrow with the results of the contest.  



9 comments:

The Diamond King said...

Love the Soto ornament! The Trout is very nice too.

Brett Alan said...

"Ripken Reyes"? Could he BE any more of a shortstop? B^)

OhioTim said...

I enjoy the Padrograph cards when you share them. I did not know that Clevinger is out for the 2021 season. I am going to miss him in Cleveland.

bbcardz said...

Those 'graphs look great. Congrats!

gcrl said...

nice of flan to give garvey #6 - i wonder what garvey gave him in return.
i like those clevinger and nola autos - the design is like a flipped 1979 topps card.
congrats on getting that holiday box. no chance here. i'd be interested in trading for the trout. angel red looks good on holiday cards.

The Angels In Order said...

Vintage Astonaut cards!...I dont need them, I dont need them, I dont need them......

John Sharp said...

No idea that Astronaut set existed, that's pretty cool.

What did you think about Tatis, Jr., bring card #1 of the upcoming 2021 Topps Set?

Fuji said...

Nice Clevenger! Didn't realize he had Padres autographs. I might try to snag one this season while he's recovering.

P-town Tom said...

I like the design of the "subscription set" from Topps. They look even better with autos of them!