Thursday, October 29, 2020

Page one updated and the first battle of page 3

Someone remarked that if I had Mothers Cookies sets I could find cards to replace cards numbers one and five.  So I went and look what I did.  Tony Ghelfi is replaced by Dick Williams from the 1984 Mothers Cookies set and a logoless Panini card is replaced with Ken Caminiti.  The page looks much better now.  


Now for the first battle of page three.  We have a laser cut Ken Caminiti card up against an insert from this years Allen & Ginter Chris Paddack A Debut to Remember.  



So far twenty-nine different people have cast one hundred twelve votes.  


 Remember a vote here earns you a contest entry.  

Thanks for stopping by and for your assistance.


14 comments:

The Diamond King said...

I'm a die cut guy, and remember the early Caminiti years fondly. Caminiti for me!

John Sharp said...

I'm going A&G Paddack. Cool card.

Jeremya1um said...

Voting for Caminiti. I wish Topps would bring Topps Laser back to retail.

Trevor P said...

Wow, tough choice. I like both of them, but I would put Caminiti in if it were my set.

night owl said...

Not crazy about either but Caminiti wins pretty easily.

gcrl said...

i still bear a slight grudge against the 1996 padres, but i'll still vote for laser cut caminiti.

Brett Alan said...

The laser card is so crazy, I have to go with Caminiti.

Nachos Grande said...

As much as I love Ginter, I have to go with the laser Caminiti as well.

OhioTim said...

My vote on this one goes with the Ken Caminiti card. I like the look of those laser cut cards.

acrackedbat said...

a Cam cookie! nice! Love the laser. One of my fave sets from the 90s so it's my pick.

Fuji said...

Those Mother's Cookies cards are so awesome. If this were my Frankenset, I'd add a new rule to the list... in the sense that they trump any standard base or insert card.

As for the vote... I'm not the biggest fan of excessive gold foil, but it's tough to not show support for my fellow SJSU Spartan. The diecut is the tie-breaker. Caminiti gets my vote.

Jeff Laws said...

The Caminiti is better but I'm not a huge fan of A&G either so...

Matt said...

Dick Williams is a great way to start of a Frankenset! I'm voting for the die-cut card!

Jafronius said...

Cookies makes everything better!

Caminiti gets my vote. Anything with a "Laser"!