Monday, October 12, 2020

Padres frankenset battle #1

 Working on the first page of my Padres Frankenset and some of the numbers I can't decide which card to use.  So I am turning to you for help.  When the page is full I will share it with you and comment on each of the cards. 

Here are the two choices for card #3.  These were two of my favorite players when they were with the Padres.  The Renfroe card is a good, standard action shot.  The Hedges is a bit more unusual due to his facial expression.  Renfroe is went to the Rays in a trade for Tommy Pham and is still in the playoffs after the Rays beat the Hankees.  Hedges went to the Indians as part of the trade that brought Sunshine to the Padres.


I can't decide which one I want to include in the set.  Please leave your choice in the comments.  Everyone who comments on the battle post will be entered into a contest to take place when we reach card number one hundred.  Thank you for stopping by and your help.  

I was going to put a poll in the sidebar, but blogger got rid of the poll widget.  

15 comments:

defgav said...

I'd go with Hedges looking like he's about to catch the BL logo.

The Diamond King said...

Yeah, the Hedges in much more interesting to me.

Laurie said...

Hedges...awesome action card!

Trevor P said...

It's unanimous so far. I'm voting Hedges.

Jeff B - Wax Pack Wonders said...

I like the Hedges, too, though the Renfroe is nice.

The Angels In Order said...

I like the Renfro. The Hedges is just too busy for me.

night owl said...

Blogger scrapped the poll widget?????????

Hedges for sure.

gcrl said...

Assuming there are no other big league cards on the page, I vote for Hedges. Nice action shot in dodger stadium.

Jeff Laws said...

Definitely the Hedges action shot.

Jeremya1um said...

Gotta vote for the Ray and pick Renfroe.

OhioTim said...

Both are defintely worthy of a spot but I have to say the Hedges card.

Brett Alan said...

Can't go wrong either way, but Hedges is a more interesting shot, and there are probably more cards of Renfroe are likely to come up for consideration.

Nick said...

Always love a good frankenset! Gotta vote Hedges -- better photo on the far superior Big League design.

P-town Tom said...

I, too, was bummed when the poll widget was scrapped. Blogger has me SMH these days more often than not.
Hedges, for sure.

Fuji said...

2019 Topps was a solid design, but I'm gonna go with Hedges and the action shot.

P.S. It's a shame that Blogger got rid of the poll.