Thursday, October 15, 2020

another one bites the dust

 Rickey Henderson beats Derek Norris by a two to one margin.  Rickey had ten votes while Derek only had five.  So Rickey takes his place on the first page of the Frankenset.  Next up is a three way race for the number seven spot in the Frankenset.


First up Pedro Astacio from a 2005 Upper Deck team issued set. Pedro pitched in twelve games for the Padres in 2005, splitting the season between the Rangers and Padres.

Next is the Benito Santiago card from 1988 Topps. This is when I was busting a lot of packs and came across this card alot.  I thought Benito was going to be a long time Padre, he played seven seasons in San Diego.

Next up is a former shortstop who went on to become one of the all time great closers and eventually entered the Hall of Fame.   It is always Trevor time at my desk as I have a clock the Padres gave away with him on it above my desk.

Please vote in the comments.  Each vote is worth an entry in a contest that will take place when we get to card number ninety-nine.

Thank you for stopping by and for your assistance.

14 comments:

The Diamond King said...

I am a big Benito fan, so I have to vote for him. The Hoffman has solid design though.

Matt said...

Benito brings back memories, but Hells Bells, you gotta vote for Hoffman!

Brett Alan said...

Last time we had a Hall of Famer on a card that was likely to be a unique design for the Frankenset. This time we have a Hall of Famer up against two cards likely to be unique in the set. Tougher choice!

I quite like the design of the Astacio, and it's an offbeat item, plus a guy who played for the Mets. Vote for Pedro!

John Sharp said...

2005 Astacio is a terrific looking card.

gcrl said...

i'll vote for the former dodger - the "other" pedro - as team issue sets probably won't show up in the frankenset much beyond this point.

Jeremya1um said...

Voting tor Benny. That card is classic.

Fuji said...

I like the well-cropped action shot of Hoffman. Trevor gets my vote.

Jeff B - Wax Pack Wonders said...

Really like the Hoffman.

OhioTim said...

This is a tough decision for me simply for the Frankenset that I am currently working on and what my project includes. My Frankenset is a Hall of Famer one so with that said, I will go with the Hoffman card.

Jeff Laws said...

I really like the Santiago, I remember having a bunch of them back in the day. I think the best design is the Astacio, but my vote goes with Hoffman. He was one of the best closers for a long time.

Laurie said...

Benito!!!!

Nachos Grande said...

Santiago gets my vote. The other two cards aren't exactly iconic designs.

bbcardz said...

The Santiago card is pretty distinctive compared to lots of other cards, plus Santiago was an outstanding catcher. Gotta go with Benito.

night owl said...

'88 Record Breakers is an all-time classic look. Gotta to go with Santiago.