Thursday, May 26, 2011

George Stablein

George Stablein was once a contestant of the Dating Game and then was featured on the Newlywed Game, I don't he ever made it to Divorce Court.  It was like a 80's reality show.  Ok, Ok, I made all that up.  Now I am going to go check references. 

We might have been better off going with what I made up.  George was born in October of 1957, which makes him a month younger than me.  He went to West Torrance High School in Torrance, CA.  Then he went to Cal State Dominguez Hills.  He was drafted by the Padres in the third round in 1978.  He played in the garden spots of Reno and Amarillo in 78 and 79.  He got called up in 1980 and pitched in 4 games, with an 0-1 record and an ERA of 3.09.  He then played in Hawaii for the rest of 1980 and 81 and 82.  In 1983 he split time between the Padres Beaumont club and the Brewers Vancouver, B.C. team.  Then he was done.
I got Mr Stablein signature through the mail with an address from Harveys list.

No comments: