Monday, August 30, 2010

McCullers and McDavid

Lance Graye McCullers was drafted in 1982 by the Phillies and later sent to San Diego in a multiplayer deal.  He made his major league debut in August of 1985, and according to Wikipedia was known as Baby Goose, because of his resemblance to Rich Gossage.  I think I may have seen Lance play with Las Vegas against the Beavers in early '85, that year and summer are kind of a blur, because that was the year I got married.  Lance played 4 years in San Diego before going to the Yankees, Detroit and Texas.  He signed with the Dodgers in 1992 but never played with them before retiring.  I think I got this signed through the mail.  Ray Darnell McDavid was drafted by the Padres in 1989 and worked his way from Rookie League up to the majors, making his debut in 1994.  He played 9 games in 1994 and 11 in 1995 with the Padres, before being selected off the wavier wire by the Expos in December of 1995.  He played at three levels in the Expos organization in 1996, working his way from Rookie League to AAA, but not making it back to the majors.  I am not sure how I obtained this signature.

No comments: