Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Joy of a Completed Page-1957 Topps

1957 Topps Hit Stars, that is.  This is an 88 card set of recording artists and movie stars.  I started with having 3 cards from the set, Gene Kelly, Burt Lancaster and Elizabeth Taylor.  This is the second time I have tried to build the set.  I have never gotten as far as I have this time, as of today I have 67 of the 88 cards.  There are two cards of many of the stars and there are four cards of James Dean, who died just two years before the set came out.  There are many people that I have never heard of such as Chris Conner, Vaughn Monroe, Charles Gracie and Warren Belinger.  I have three of the four James Dean cards.  I still need The Teenagers, Screamin' Jay Hawkins, Little Richard, The Crickets, Jerry Lee Lewis, Sammy Davis, Jr., and one of the Jerry Lewis cards.    There is a want list on the want list page. 

1 comment:

Hackenbush said...

I don't have any but they're cool. Good luck completing the set.