The Player: Mike Aldrete
The Card: Shoebox Heroes, Series 2, #318
How I Obtained the Auto: I submitted the card for a private signing and got it signed.
About Mike Aldrete: He was drafted by the Giants in 1983 and made his MLB debut in 1986 with San Francisco. In 1988 he was traded to the Expos' (remember them) until 1991. He was released by the Expos in March of 1991 and signed a free agent contract with the Padres. He played in twelve games for San Diego before being released. He finished the season in Cleveland. He then played with the A's, Angels and Yankees. He retired in 1996 and has been a major league coach since 2004 with the Mariners, Diamondbacks, Cardinals and A's. He has been the hitting coach for the A's since 2015.
Between: Sandy Alderson and Manny Alexander
Up Next: Matt picked #1300, Christian Villanueva
Contest: There is a secret Padrograph lurking. Whomever picks the number of the secret Padrograph will win a $20 eBay gift certificate. When the secret number is chosen I will pick another Padrograph. Please choose a number between 2-1390. No batches, individual numbers only. No one has chosen the correct number yet.


2 comments:
Yeah, I don't remember Aldrete with the Padres at all.
243.
Bounced around a bit. Just 49 games over two seasons with the Angels before moving on.
#960
Post a Comment