Wednesday, October 14, 2020

The votes are in and the results were pretty one sided.

 Yesterdays voting came out 13-2 in favor of Austin Hedges.  So Austin now occupies the #3 spot in the Padres Frankenset. So all of you that voted are now entered in a contest for a prize package at the end of the first ninety-nine cards.  Each time you comment is an additional entry into the contest.  

Today's battle is for the #4 spot in the Padres Frankenset.  An insert card of a Hall of Famer, Rickey Henderson versus an exciting action shot of Derek Norris during his brief stop in San Diego.  Leave your vote in the comments.  
Thanks for stopping by and for your assistance. 

15 comments:

gcrl said...

i vote for rickey. if it weren't for the patch on norris' sleeve, you wouldn't even be able to tell that he is a padre.

Trevor P said...

At first, I was thinking Norris because I don't like the look of Rickey as a Padre. Then a quick check of Baseball Reference showed me that he played 359 games for San Diego, behind only the A's and Yankees, and I'm more okay with the idea. I'll go with the Rickey insert.

Jay said...

I'll go with Norris for this one. Great shot.

OhioTim said...

I enjoy awesome action shots on cards, so with that said, I will vote for the Norris card.

Matt said...

That's such a unique angle on that Norris photo - you don't see many like that, so it gets my vote!

Jeremya1um said...

Voting for Rickey. The Norris photo is a great one, but how can you vote against Rickey?

defgav said...

Rickey all the way. Yeah, the Norris photo is cool, but his off-the-field unpleasantness is big strike against him.

The Diamond King said...

Rickey for me. The Norris is a good angle, but feels cramped.

bbcardz said...

Gotta go with the HOFer (Rickey) on this one.

Brett Alan said...

Gotta go Rickey. A, he's Rickey. B, I gotta think it will be a unique design in the Frankenset, and C, did I mention he's Rickey?

Jeff B - Wax Pack Wonders said...

Rickey because it's Rickey and I like the card design better anyway.

Nachos Grande said...

The Norris photo is top notch so it gets my vote. Rickey will probably have plenty of other chances to be included in the set!

Jeff Laws said...

I would say Rickey because it's Rickey but I assume you'll have other cards of him because I like that shot of Norris.

Fuji said...

Two former Athletics. But I'm gonna go with the hall of famer. Rickey gets my vote.

night owl said...

Going with Rickey because it's Rickey and because I hold a grudge against 2016 Topps.