Sunday, October 11, 2020

The Joy of a completed set, a palindromic Padrograph and a Padres Frankenset

 I finished by 2020 Topps Big League base set with two cards.  Two guys who made big news this year and who will help their teams for a few years.  


Padrograph #1221, Tucupita Marcano.  
A twenty one year old infielder who has been in the Padres system since 2017.  I hadn't heard of him until I saw this card for sale on eBay. I missed him with Tri-City in 2018, because that was the summer of my cancer treatments.  I didn't do much that summer. 


Now that I have finished my Autograph Frankenset and my 2020 Topps Big League set it is time to get to work on my Padres Frankenset.  I started with one of my favorite cards.  

That is card #19 and I don't think anything will dislodge it.
Here are the rules for the Padres Frankenset.

1. Jack Clark always loses
2. The following players always win, in this order
Tony Gwynn
Tim Flannery
Dan Walters
Bip Roberts
John Kruk 
Dave Dravecky
3. Tony Gwynn permitted if a Dupe from PC (which I have to start putting in order, gotta figure out how to use the Trading Card Database)
4. Customs allowed
5. Minor league allowed (majors always win battles)
6. Multi players cards only if neccessary
7. Logoless cards always lose.

I have got the first ninety-nine cards in the pockets and there are going to be a few battles where I will post a poll for your votes.  

6 comments:

Jeff B - Wax Pack Wonders said...

Jack Clark always loses hahaha!

P-town Tom said...

I also laughed at the "Jack Clark always loses" line.
Are you taking suggestions? How about the 1989 Keith Comstock ProCards laugher? The only downside is it's a minor league card, but it's a fun card!

gcrl said...

Frankensets are fun!

night owl said...

I like the first rule.

Matt said...

Jack Clark always loses - that's a good rule!

Fuji said...

My advisory lesson today was explaining the benefits of a good laugh. After reading the first rule... I totally cracked up.