Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Page 2 of the Phrankenset and there is a monster at the end of this post

 Sterling Hitchcock won the battle for slot number 15 in the Phrankenset.  So this is what page two looks like for now.  


Mr. Padre leads off the page.  Mike Basso was one of the coolest minor leaguers I ever met and will always be remembered by me.  Trevor dominates the page the way he used to dominate pitchers.  Gene Locklear is an artist now, it would have been cool if Topps had used former ballplayers to do Topps Project 2020 cards.  This card will stay unless Night Owl needs it for his 1975 buyback set.  Justin case you need a change in perspective Justin Upton offers just that.  Sterling Hitchcock and Steve Garvey come from sets that we aren't likely to see many more of in the Phrankenset.  The Legendary Bip Roberts makes his first appearance in the Phrankenset. 
I have talked to four of these players in person.
I promised a monster at the end of the page and here he is.  I opened a pack of 2020 Stadium Club and pulled this.  I know there is one of you that collects him, but I can't remember whom.  Let me know and I will send the card to you.




3 comments:

gcrl said...

nice page with the garv!

p-town tom is the vogelbach guy - he will be stoked!

http://tilnextyear-tom.blogspot.com/

night owl said...

I don't need that buyback.

Also, I get your post title reference. All '70s kids do :)

Fuji said...

Love the 86T Gwynn card. It's my wallet card. Congratulations on the Vogelbach pull. P-Town will love it.