Monday, October 19, 2020

An long awaited Padrograph upgrade and page one of the Padres Phrankenset

 Way back in February of 2018 I sent a custom card of Kyle McGrath to him at Padres spring training.   I received it back on October 16, 2020, that is a wait of 705 days.  At some point I had picked up an auto on eBay of him, that will now be replaced with this custom card I received back two and a half years after I sent it.


In the battle of Hunter Renfroe and Larry Bowa, surprisingly Larry Bowa won, eight to four.  So here is what the first page of the Padres Phrankenset looks like. 



I am pretty much satisfied with this page.  I would like to replace cards #1 and #5 eventually if I can find Padres cards with those numbers.  I would like to replace card number one because I don't remember Tony Ghelfi at all and number five because I would like a card with logos on it.  

Thank you for stopping by and thanks for your assitance.  

4 comments:

Fuji said...

I think Tony Gwynn is the first card in the 1997 or 1998 Topps set. I'll have to dig through my box and see if I have an extra copy of that card. If I do, it's yours. That Agnes McKee card is my favorite card on the page. Had to look her up. Super impressive first pitch at 105 years of age.

Matt said...

Collection looking good!

The Diamond King said...

Wonderful. I look forward to seeing/voting on more pages!

Jimmy said...

1993 Topps #5 is Tony Gwynn. Should be an easy one to pick up and Mr Padre would look good in the middle of page one. If you have any of the Padres Keebler, Smokey the Bear or equivalent team sets, you can have your pick of a card #1.