Wednesday, October 21, 2020

The first battle of page 2

 This weeks first battle is between two Hall Of Famers and a manager who I think may end up enshrined in Cooperstown also for the number twelve spot in the Padres Phrankenset.


Roberto Alomar played the first three of his seventeen major league seasons in San Diego.  He was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2011.
Trevor Hoffman played sixteen of his eighteen year major league career with the Padres he was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2018.
Bruce Bochy played five seasons in San Diego during his nine year major league playing career.  He managed for twelve years of his managerial career in San Diego before heading north to the Bay Area.

Every vote here enters you into a contest after the first ninety-nine cards are set.

Thank you for stopping by and for your assistance.


16 comments:

The Diamond King said...

Personally, I would go with the Bochy.

The Angels In Order said...

I like Hoffman, because I love the 84 Topps design.

John Sharp said...

Going with the '84 Hoffman card...a Classic look.

Trevor P said...

All three seem worthy, but my preference would be Hoffman.

gcrl said...

Hoffman! 1984 was a big year for the padres, so the '84 design wins out.

OhioTim said...

I have to go with the Hoffman as well.

Fuji said...

As much as I enjoy Donruss Diamond Kings... I've gotta vote for the Mother's Cookies card of Bochy.

Brett Alan said...

I'll go with Bochy, too, but I certainly wouldn't be upset to see the Hoffman win, either.

Nachos Grande said...

Alomar needs more love...much like 1991 Donruss. I vote Robbie.

Jeremya1um said...

Voting for Bochy. I still can’t get past the spitting incedent wjth Alomar, and the Topps reprints are getting old.

Jeff B - Wax Pack Wonders said...

Bochy is my pick. Gotta go with the oddball.

bbcardz said...

I gotta go with Hoffman on this one.

Jon said...

It's hard to beat Mother's Cookies!

Bulldog said...

All good choices but Hoffman was so good for the Padres for so long. He's my choice.

Matt said...

I voted for Hoffman the last time he was a choice, so I'll pick Bochy this time around!

Jafronius said...

Going with the 84 Hoffman!