Friday, October 30, 2020

A laser focused victory, A New Padrograph and a new battle

With a laser focus Ken Caminiti easily won the battle for spot number twenty-one.  Chris Paddack only managed one vote to Cammies eleven votes.  

Yesterday when I got home I found a card that I had sent to a private signing many months ago had returned to enter its rightful spot in the the first volume of my Padrographs binder.  It is Padrograph #1222.

Manny finished out his eleven year major league career playing in thirty-two games for the Padres in 2005 and 2006.  


 Now for the battle for the last spot on page three.  Please for Wil Myers.  At first I thought that the two cards had the same photo, but they are from different games.  I can't decide which one to use so I am turning to you for your assistance.  Vote Bowman or Jackie Robinson.  



Remember a vote is an entry into a contest after the first ninety-nine cards.

Thanks for stopping by and thanks for your assistance.

13 comments:

Matt said...

I was all set to give the nod to the Jackie Robinson, but his uniform does show any indication from being from that day. My vote goes to Bowman and the floating bat.

gcrl said...

i agree with Matt. Bowman instead of poorly executed Jackie Robinson Day insert.

Nachos Grande said...

I agree with both of the wise men above me. It's gotta be Bowman here.

Jafronius said...

I was late for the last round but not this time! Bowman gets my vote...floating bat FTW!

Jimmy said...

I am going with the Jackie Robinson as that Bowman design is dull. The Jackie card pops more to the eye.

The Diamond King said...

I'll go with the Bowman.

Jeremya1um said...

Voting for the Bowman. I like the photo better.

night owl said...

I'm still going with the Jackie Robinson Myers even though there's no evidence he's wearing 42. Any addition of Dodgerness on a Padre card is good.

acrackedbat said...

Bowman, with its sweet floating bat!

OhioTim said...

Have to go with the Bowman card. Great photography on that card.

Brett Alan said...

OK, I'm convinced. Bowman, because Jackie Robinson Day cards should have 42 on them.

Jon said...

Neither are very interesting, but the one on the left is slightly more attractive.

Fuji said...

Bowman... b/c it's zoomed out a little. Sure wish Topps used photos of these players showing off #42 on these Jackie Robinson inserts.