Saturday, October 24, 2020

Let's get ready to rumble, the battle for spot number fourteen.

 Well that was close for two of the players.  For Roberto Alomar it wasn't, he got one vote out of sixteen.  It was eight to seven between Trevor Hoffman and Bruce Bochy.  Trevor came out one vote ahead winning the spot in the Phrankenset.  

The Battle for spot number fourteen is a battle of perspectives.  Wil Myers should be the Padres comeback player of the year.  The Upton card is kind of cool because of the perspective.  

Please vote, here and at your local polling place. Here your vote will get you an entry into a contest.  

Thank you for stopping by and for your assistance.  


15 comments:

Chris said...

I'll go with Myers. The 2016 Bunt set is one of my current projects. The Upton would make a great Stadium Club card without those intrusive capital letters

John Sharp said...

Myers. Classic looking baseball card.

night owl said...

Upton. I don't care what anyone says, I like those Perspectives cards.

acrackedbat said...

I'll slip in a vote assist for Myers.

Jafronius said...

Upton for me...Perspectives are cool. Early voted today! No contest entry for that though.

Nachos Grande said...

Myers, I like both cards but I think I prefer the clean design of Topps Bunt. The Upton card really only works if you hold it horizontal which isn't good for a set that will be paged up in a binder!

Jeff B - Wax Pack Wonders said...

Upton.

The Diamond King said...

Upton, I like every one of those perspectives cards I have seen so far.

Jeremya1um said...

Man, 2 former Rays. Gotta vote for Upton since he helped lead them to the World Series in 2008.

OhioTim said...

Wil Myers gets my vote on this one

Jimmy said...

This is a tough one. I will go with a different perspective. Like Nachos said, having a horizontal card kind of ruins a 9-page display. However, having it as card 14 means it is smack in the center, so that could make it stand out, assuming all the other cards will be vertical. I'll pick the Upton.

bbcardz said...

Gotta go with the uniqueness of the Perspectives card.

Brett Alan said...

I'm not a big fan of the Perspectives subset in general, but that's a pretty nice one. Even though I don't love having horizontal cards on a page with vertical ones, I'll vote for Upton.

Matt said...

Putting my vote in for the Upton Perspective!

Nick said...

Upton! That Perspectives set were probably the only good thing to come out of 2016 Topps.