Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Strangest Padrograph Ever



I got this card in a trade of Sports Collectors Net recently, I traded 3 extra Padres autographs for it.  I have been trying to get this card signed for the last two years since it came out.  I have sent it multiple times to Brennan, even sending extras for him to keep of this and other cards of him.  I have explained that I only get signed cards of players pictured as Padres and his would be the strangest one in the collection.  Why you ask would a signed Brennan P. Boesch be the strangest card in my collection?  Because unlike some other players like Mike Brumley, who never actually played a game with the Padres he was at least in the Padres organization.  Brennan Boesch was drafted in 2006 by the, wait for it, wait for it, DETROIT TIGERS.  He was drafted in the third round of the 2006 draft, out of Cal-Berkeley.  He has played at Oneonta, West Michigan, Lakeland and Erie for the Tigers.  In 2009 he hit .275 and 28 home runs for the Erie Seawolves.  So I now have a signed card of someone pictured as a Padre who has never ever been in the Padres system.  When I first found this card back in 2007 I looked through all the Padres minor league teams stuff and finally had to Google Brennan to find out who he was.  It is a good photoshop job, but another gimmick by Topps that almost no one noticed. 

1 comment:

Collective Troll said...

That isn't the only card in the 2007 set that shows someone in a uniform of a team they never played for either... Glad you finally tracked it down...