Friday, August 14, 2026

Matt picks #330, Miguel Dilone


The Player: Miguel Dilone

The Card: Shoebox Heroes, Series 2, #36

How I obtained the auto:  ABC unlimited was doing a signing with Dilone and asked me to make a Padres card.  He signed it at that signing.

About the player: He was signed by the Pirates as an amateur free agent in 1972 and made his debut with them in 1974.  He was traded to the A's in 1978 and after them played for the Cubs, Indians, White Sox and Expos.  He signed as a free agent with the Padres during the 1985 season.  He played in 27 games for the Padres.  That was his final season in MLB.  In 2009 he lost an eye when a baseball struck him in the face, he was coaching his son and a 15 year old prospect.

Between: Don Dillard and Glenn Dishman

Up Next:  Batting Out of Order picks #34, Euribiel Angeles

Contest:  Each month I will pick a player to be the prize winner. If that players padrograph number is picked the person who picked the number will win an $20 eBay gift certificate.  

Please pick numbers between 2 and 1385.  The more numbers you select the better your odds are.  No batches please just individual numbers.  No one has picked the correct number yet.

2 comments:

Batting Out Of Order said...

Yikes! Lost an eye from a baseball. How awful.

May I have #10 please?

Matt said...

I'll pick #1300