Sunday, August 16, 2026

No new Padrographs, so something a little different.

I didn't receive any new Padrographs this week.  I know the blob title is Abner to Zimmer, but it is actually Shawn Abner to Alan Zinter, but I haven't want to bother Punk Rock Paint to change it.  He is busy being a father and husband.  

I really like spreadsheets.  My oldest is my reading spreadsheet in which I track all the books I have read since 1978.  I used to write them in a log book, but when Excel began and my sons could keyboard I paid them a quarter an entry to put them in Excel.  I am currently at 4,565 entries in that one. I have several others for a multitude of things.  

When I started getting a couple of hundred Padrographs I decided to start putting them in a spreadsheets.  I remember the first two players to go in were Tony Gwynn and Tim Flannery.  I keep track of the player name, the card, how I got it, when I got it if possible and whether it is scanned or not. This series is helping get many of them scanned.  

The cards are in the spreadsheet alphabetically by last name and then first name.  This causes the numbers of the entries to shift occasionally when new cards are added.  We will be seeing this in the next couple of weeks when a number selected has already been profiled and then chose again, but it will be a different player since new Padrographs have been added.  

My collection includes all the managers, several owners, fifty seven coaches, five general managers, a couple of signed first pitch cards, and some broadcasters.  They are all in order.  There are a few players who never played for the Padres, but they were featured on cards or I thought they were noteworthy and I made a custom card of them.  I also have some minor league Padres included from when they were a PCL team.

If you have any questions please let me know I will be glad to answer them.  

1 comment:

Batting Out Of Order said...

Pretty cool to keep such extensive lists, especially the book reading. The last few years my daughter and I have kept our reading lists up, she shreds when it comes to books read per year. I used to keep a list of all the model kits I've built, it's long gone now, but I kinda wish I still had it. Would be cool to go back and remember which ones.