Monday, August 3, 2026

Ohio Tim picks #613

The Player: Chris Jones
The Card: 1997 Mothers Cookies #20
How I Got the auto: I sent it to him and he signed and returned it.
About the Player: He was drafted by the Reds in 1984 and made his major debut with them in 1991.  During his career he played with both the Rockies and Diamondbacks in their inagural years.  He also played for the Astros, Mets, Giants and Brewers.  He played for the Padres in 1997 appearing in 92 games. He had signed with the Padres as a free agent and did so in again in 1999 and 2000 but did not stick with the team in those instances.  
Between: Bobby M. Jones and Deacon Jones
Up Next: Ohio Tim picks #999

 

2 comments:

Fuji said...

Had to look up Deacon Jones. Familiar with the Rams DE, but not the Padres coach/White Sox infielder.

Batting Out Of Order said...

I remember being a minor Chris Jones fan in the early 90's. He probably had some cool cards.