Monday, January 18, 2010

Spot the Sig-3rd Inning-Roundup


I don't know why I cropped this the way I did.  It is a sportscaster card of Ali, the Greatest of All Time.  I sent this to him and is actually signed three times.  It is signed on the border above his head and on the back.  He also returned the letter I sent him with a signature on it also.  One through the mail request resulted in four signatures.  I also have a older signature of his that is more legible that he signed on a placemat from an old restaurant.  He has been a hero of mine since the late 60's, somewhere in all my stuff I have a scrapbook that I made in the 60's and 70's.  I was moved when he lit the torch at the 1996 Olympics and will be grieving when he leaves this world for the hereafter. 
Adam E from Thoughts and Sox got the autograph and so we now have three players with men on second. And a new player with a man on third from completely answering the brothers question.  Answering the question more completely than the Padres.  The Padres website list 6 sets of brothers, but Ryan came up with seven, one that I didn't know were brothers.  Wil and Melvin Nieves, and today the Padres made it 8 sets of brothers by signing Jerry Hairston, Jr. and trading with Oakland to get Scott Hairston back. 
Tony and Chris Gwynn
Roberto and Sandy Alomar
Edgar and Adrian Gonzalez
Brian and Marcus Giles
Greg and Mike Maddux
Jerald and Phil Clark
Wil and Melvin Nieves
Scott and Jerry Hairston

After three Innings 
Ryan-Angels-Man on Third
Lauren-Angels- Man on Second
Marks Epherma-Man on Second
Adam E.-Red Sox-Man on Second
Zach-Wichita Wingnuts-Man on First
Phungo-Phillies-Man on First
Brian-Rangers-On Deck
Dan-Indians-On Deck
Ryan-Orioles-On Deck
oopowham-On Deck
spastikmoos-On Deck












No comments: