The Card: Shoebox Heroes, Series 1, #445
How I obtained the auto: ABC Unlimited was taking part in a signing with Eddie Miller and I made the card and they got it signed.
About Eddie Miller: He was drafted by the Rangers in 1975, he made his major league debut in 1977. In December of 1977 he was part of a four team trade that sent him to Atlanta. He played for the Braves from 1978-1981, he was then traded to the Tigers where he played in 1982. In 1983 Tigers traded him to the Phillies, in '83 he played for the Portland Beavers, the Phils' AAA club. In February of 1984 the Phillies released and in August he signed with the Padres. He appeared in 13 games for the Padres, hitting the only home run of his career in final major league at bat. In 1985 he played for the Beaumont Golden Gators, the Padres AA affiliate in the Texas League. He played in Mexico in 1986-1987.
Fun Fact: I had help on this card. It is actually a picture of Eddie with the Braves. I believe Travis Peterson of Punk Rock Paint did the transformation, but it might have been Gavin of Baseball Card Breakdown. I can't remember now. The picture was originally a photo of Eddie in a Braves uniform.
Between: Drew Miller and Mason Miller
Up Next: Ohio Tim picks #15, Logan Allen
Contest: There is a secret Padrograph lurking. Whomever picks the number of the secret Padrograph will win a $20 eBay gift certificate. When the secret number is chosen I will pick another Padrograph. Please choose a number between 2-1389. No batches, individual numbers only. No one has chosen the correct number yet.


No comments:
Post a Comment