The Player: Matty Alou
The Card: 1974 Topps #430
How I got the auto: Not sure, but more than likely I bought it on Ebay.
About Matty Alou: He was signed by the Giants as an amateur free agent before the 1957 season. He made his major league debut with San Francisco in 1960. On September 10, 1963 all three Alou brothers batted in the same half inning. Five days later they all played together in the outfield for the Giants. In 1965 he was traded to the Pirates, he played there until 1971 when he was traded to the Cardinals. In 1972 he was traded to the A's. After the 1972 season he was traded to the Yankees. In September of 1973 the Cardinals purchased his contract from the Yankees. In October of 1973 the Padres purchased his contract from the Cardinals. He played in 48 games for the Padres before being released. In July of 1974 he left San Diego and played the rest of the season in Japan, where he also played in 1975 and 1976. He was the National League Batting Leader in 1966. He passed away from diabetic complications in 2011 at the age of 73.
Between: Yonder Alonso and Bryann Allman
Up Next: Brett Allan picks #874, James Needy
Contest: There is a secret Padrograph lurking. Whomever picks the number of the secret Padrograph will win a $20 eBay gift certificate. When the secret number is chosen I will pick another Padrograph. Please choose a number between 2-1390. No batches, individual numbers only. No one has chosen the correct number yet.
Someone came within four numbers of the secret Padrograph and many choices are kinda close.


1 comment:
I'm at a point where I don't remember what numbers have been picked - I'll submit #1015
Post a Comment