With only two full seasons as a major league team under their belts the Padres still sucked. They would lose over 100 games for the third straight year. I have three copies of this card signed, one for the year by year history of the Padres, one for the cards of Padres, and one in my collection of guys named Rod. Rod was traded to the Padres after the 1970 season, so I am sure that the picture is either airbrushed or in a Mets uniform. Rod was a member of the Miracle Mets of 1969. Arnholt Smith was still the owner, Preston Gomez was the manager and Duke Snider was the lead announcer on both television and radio.
Another TTM Success From Nate Schierholtz
-
While going through my boxes, I pulled a couple 2010 cards to send out to
Nate Schierholtz. I had gotten him back in 2019, so it has been long enough
to s...
7 hours ago

1 comment:
Wow, I didn't know Snider broadcasted Padres games.
That does look like Shea Stadium in the background.
Post a Comment