Friday, May 15, 2020

Customs Page 6

The card in the center is the most produced card in the history of my customs.  I have produced over 600 copies of this card.  I think Mike uses them for business cards.  As I understand it he has a pest control business in Arizona, he has also requested a bunch when he is inducted into his high schools Hall of Fame in Minnesota.  Evidently no one believed he had played major league ball until I made these.  He pitched in 18 games for the Padres in 1974.  There are several photos of the Padres in Chicago which have the Gremlin billboard across the street from Wrigley Field in them.  
I think Manny Mota was the first player I did a card of whom I had heard of before this project got started.  

5 comments:

Nick said...

Wow, I had no idea Manny Mota was on the Giants! Looks especially weird considering he's most well known as a Dodger.

P-town Tom said...

If I had sideburns like Mike Johnson's on a baseball card I'd want hundreds of copies too!

Matt said...

Great work!

Been meaning to ask, did you get my pwe?

Elliptical Man said...

Back when Gremlins referred to cars.

Fuji said...

That is so cool that players actually ask you to create cards for them. Very cool.