Tuesday, September 24, 2019

The Gubernatorial Results are trickling in

  A while back I made a card of the Governor of  Oregon, Kate Brown.  After making it I decided to make a set of all 50 governors and see how many of them I could get signed.  As of this morning I have sent out thirty of them.  The first ten went out around  August 29th, ten yesterday, and ten today.  I will send ten more out tomorrow and ten more on Thursday.  So far out of the first ten I sent out I have gotten 5 of them back.  The first one back was Governor David Ige of Hawaii.  It only took 13 days to come back.  His team replaced the return address I had written on the return envelope with a sticker with his address on it.  They also included the following letter.  
Up next week, the disappointing return from Governor Kate Brown of Oregon

3 comments:

Johnnys Trading Spot said...

Very cool idea, set, and that Hawaii's Gov. returned so quickly.

Fuji said...

That's awesome that Ige was excited about receiving one of your customs and plans on keeping it in his collection of memorabilia. Can't wait to see how many different governors sign your cards.

Jon said...

I don't think too highly of politicians (on both sides), but this does sound like a fun idea. Not surprised though to hear that Oregon's current embarrassment of a Governor would be a spoil sport.