Thursday, May 27, 2010

A couple of pitchers


Craig Lindsay Lefferts is 16 days younger than I am and has been retired since 1994.  I can't imagine that he is just sitting around, I wonder what he is doing now. Wikipedia says he is currently the pitching coach for the Vancouver Canadians.   He pitched in 86 games for the Padres in 1986 is still the single season record for the Padres.  He pitched in the postseason for both the Padres and the Giants, getting to the World Series both time, but having his teams lose. David Paul Leiper is 5 years younger than I am and Wikipedia doesn't say anything about what he is doing now.  Leiper pitched for the Padres for two and a half seasons after coming over from the A's in a trade for Storm Davis. I got this card signed through the mail back in the 1990s'.

No comments: