Thursday, May 13, 2010

A couple of former Mariners



















Thomas Michael Lampkin is now an analyst for the local AAA team and lives across the Columbia in Washington.  I have always thought of him as a Mariner but he played more with the Padres than any of the other 5 teams he played with.  He first came to the Padres from the Indians in 1990 in a trade for Alex Cole and played through 1992.  He was again traded to the Padres from the Mariners in 2002 for a bunch of guys and played his final season in San Diego.  I believe that I got this through the mail.  Mark Edward Langston played one season in San Diego and helped the Padres get to their second World Series.  Mark is always going to be an Angel or Mariner to me, I don't remember him much in 1998.  I sent multiple cards to him to be signed and never got a single response, I finally found this one on ebay.

No comments: