Sunday, June 7, 2009

Matthew Paul Clement

Matt Clement was drafted in the 3rd round in 1993 by the Padres, he made it to the majors in 1998 and went 25-29 for the Padres in three seasons with 4.28 ERA. He then played for the Marlins, Cubs and Red Sox. He appeared in the 2005 All Star Game for the Bosox subbing for injured Roy Halladay. While he was with the Red Sox he was struck in the head with a line drive off the bat of Tampa Bays' Carl Crawford during the 2005 season, he recovered from that and started the 2006 season before having shoulder surgery. He never seemed to have recovered from that although he tried in 2008 with the Cardinals and in 2009 with the Blue Jays. I bought the card from a dealer on eBay.

1 comment:

zman40 said...

I think he is officially retired now.

I would not have known that he was ever in the Padres organization if it wasn't for that card of him you sent me. Or until I saw this post.